Consumers can access more information about the local health services, including:
For Health Providers:
Health Providers can access information and health support services, including:
Country South SA Medicare Local is a regionally based, not for profit primary health care organisation dedicated to improving health for our local communities.
Medicare Locals coordinate and deliver important health services including after-hours GP services, immunisation, mental health support, eHealth and telehealth as well as targeted and tailored services for those in need.
We are working to ensure the highest possible level of health and wellbeing for our community by improving the local coordination of primary healthcare services and addressing gaps in services.
This will make it easier for people living across the region to navigate the healthcare system and access the correct health and community services in the right place, at the right time.
The aim of CSSAML is to improve wellbeing and achieve measurable health outcomes in the CSSAML geographic catchment by:
- Improving primary health care service delivery based on a population and social view of health.
- Identifying health needs and responding to these with local services where the delivery has been shaped by key stakeholders.
- Improving service delivery pathways so that health consumers, carers and providers can more easily find the services that are needed in a timely way.
- Promoting collaboration between services so that they are more integrated, flexible and locally responsive.
- Providing support to health service providers so that quality and safety of service provision is improved.
Across Australia there are 61 Medicare Locals. They work to ensure that decisions about health services are made in line with local needs, this means that every Medicare Local is different because the health needs of every community are unique. www.medicarelocals.gov.au